Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

I’m trying to connect to av to Receiver

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Andresmontoya02

Thanks for the post.

For more information about how to connect your Roku device to your AVR, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® streaming player for surround sound?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Doulos2935

Jump to solution

I followed your directions. Still no sound. Please help. Thank You.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Doulos2935

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
william65
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not sure if its related...we'll see...but I had no sound issues until today...sometime after I changed the sound to 'amplified'.
It was on normal for a few weeks since I got the Roku ultra with no problems.

Earlier today I changed the setting because its louder and a while later the sound started going out randomly. It'll come back on 5-20 minutes later if not messed with, though...not sure what that means. 

0 Kudos
Gibbyg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried all solutions suggested and none worked until this one. I reset the Roku audio to stereo and got the sound back on the apps where it was not working, Apple TV, Plex.

william65
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I took my roku ultra back and got a refund. Not worth time wasted.
When they get it working the way it should I'll be more than happy to buy again.
I didnt sign up to do roku tech support. lol

Jennaraenault
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is not a solution, it's an inconvenience as the Roku's should not be losing sound.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jennaraenault

Thanks for the post.

Are you experiencing this issue on a specific channel or does it happen across all channels? 

We would also recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What should I do if I do not hear the audio from my Roku® streaming player?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dijabija

Jump to solution

Worked for me! Many thanks! 

What i did. Removed the roku device from power socket, moved from HDMI port 1 in the TV to HDMI port 2. Waited few MINUTES, then put then socket back in. It worked.

0 Kudos