Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tlveik
Binge Watcher

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

For what it's worth.  I have received a couple of updates recently and haven't had a loss of sound since.

Oct 30, 9.4.0 build B4183-29

Nov 7, 9.4.0 build B4188-29

0 Kudos
jammer1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Interesting that none of my Roku's have updated, but I just manually updated them all to OS ver 9.4 Build 4188.  We'll see if the sound issue is resolved.

0 Kudos
slj
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 2. Checked today, still no sound. Current version is now 9.3, hopefully 9.4 will provide a fix.

0 Kudos
jazzyjan

Jump to solution

I have done all of these steps mentioned and I have also reset the device back to factory settings, and I am still unable to get the sound.  I have tried every audio setting mentioned, I have restarted, I have unplugged I have switched HDMI ports, I have checked the volume, I have sound on the regular tv but as soon as the Roku is used NO SOUND.  

The sound worked one day.  Turned it off and the next day it would not and hasn't since then.  I have spent three darn days trying to get the sound to work and the support simply is not good.  Please assist in any way possible.

0 Kudos
Jpeacock
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unplugging works for a period of time - usually at least a few days, maybe more. Then I have to reset again. Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
podojilct

Jump to solution

I unplugged  the system  last  night , plugged in this morning  still no sound

nancy007

Jump to solution

I have issues with no sound and have to raise up the volume to almost 60 to hear the sound good when I am watching a movie.  

0 Kudos
Hall8958

Jump to solution

I came back here to post my solution  because this was so annoying! My tv started doing this after me using it about 5 times.
The only thing that worked for me was changing the power options under Settings -> System -> Power-> Power Option Settings and changing the setting from “reduce power after 15 minutes” to “turn off after 4 hours” and rebooting the tv (unplug and replug or press home five times, the up arrow once, the rewind button twice, and the fast forward button twice). My sound has not cut out since. 

0 Kudos
Jennaraenault
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unplugging is fine if it was once but this is happening multiple times a day now on different tv’s and roku’s.  Any help is appreciated because it’s to the point where we may get rid of Roku

Jennaraenault
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This would be fine if it happened once but it now happens on multiple tv’s and roku’s several times each day! Please advise because we are about to get rid of the 5 roku’s we have due to this problem thanks!