Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patthekat
Streaming Star

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

I have good news!  After trying everyone’s suggestions to troubleshoot the lack of sound on only some series and some movies on some apps with my Roku Express, I bought myself the Roku Streaming Stick+ and voila!  Everything works just fine - thank goodness! 
Thank you, everyone.  I hope everyone else finds their solutions without further frustration.

0 Kudos
user_in_MD
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you, I will try this. The router, tv, and Roku are all very close. I have 4 Roku systems in the house and this is the only one that gives me trouble. I'll try the channel solution before replacing. 

0 Kudos
Otcheryl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The unplug or reset works - but this is happening daily with our new Roku Ultra. We are so frustrated!!

jmsnodgrass
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I previously posted about placing a small computer fan blowing directly on my Roku Express and it seemingly fixed the problem of losing sound.  This is an update to that post.  I am not experiencing the loss of sound near as much, maybe once a week now.  I also found if I power cycled my TV the sound would come back but only when it totally lost sound.  I have also experienced the sound "fluttering" and the only way to correct the problem is to power cycle the Roku.

We are looking for a new TV for our bedroom and you can bet your rear we won't buy one with Roku built in.  We are also looking for new streaming devices.  

0 Kudos
Swordsman
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Good luck with finding something better.  There is only the Amazon Fire Stick, etc... You are going to find really quick that everything has its problems.  The advantage of going with something like Roku is the simplicity of the menu.  My Samsung TV can do everything the Roku does but the menu, etc..., makes it virtually impossible for my friends and roommate to use.  They are not computer geeks and don't have a clue how all that stuff works.  It would be very wise of you to get television with everything built into it.

0 Kudos
SocalVal
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So I just had the same issue with my fairly new Roku Express (I have an older Premiere also). It seems that I will be constantly unplugging the device. I’m now looking at Apple TV. This can’t be the only good device out there for streaming. It’s just unacceptable and annoying 

0 Kudos
Mvl5010

Jump to solution

Add me to the list of people with no sound. Went away for a couple days and when I got home I no longer had sound. I got it back a few times doing the reboot trick but basically on day 3 of no sound. Sounds like there is still no resolution?

0 Kudos
ssmccloud
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I had done just that every single day for weeks. Apparently the factory reset followed by exactly three more days of unplugging is the actual solution. 🤣 Who knew?

0 Kudos
Sdmohn

Jump to solution

This just started happening to us too. It is really frustrating. I wish Roku would solve these annoyances. LMK if a solve (other than factory reset) works!

0 Kudos
Otcheryl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We are having to unplug and restart almost daily! I don't have this issue with my ROKU stick or ROKU 3 - only with the Ultra. 

0 Kudos