Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nosound

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

Is there another steaming service other than roku that has customer service?

0 Kudos
brenster

ROKU tv is glitchy

Jump to solution

We went on vacation. ..and the place had this audio problem ..and I tried everything and suddenly it came back ..

Our Roku tv at home was new and we never had a problem with sound ...

until tonight. .same thing ..no audio .

had to unplug it twice to get sound back after I tore every wire off of my surround sound looking for the problem there. 

I thought the tv was great ..but I'm not sure I would recommend the Roku to anyone at this point. 

0 Kudos
Dsmith5432
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU tv is glitchy

Jump to solution

Not only am I still having audio issues, now I am looping the channel directory in hulu.  Had to restart my Roku to get it to allow me to view available channels rather than looping on ABC channels.  This is getting to the point that I will be looking for alternatives for XMas.

0 Kudos
Swordsman
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Had the same problem with my Samsung.  The Roku must be set to anything but stereo.  The newer televisions don't really support the stereo signal from a Roku.  The Roku must be set to Auto (DD+, DTS) or you will NOT get any sound.

0 Kudos
Dsmith5432
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I tried that, did not work on any of the three I have.

0 Kudos
Swordsman
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This sounds crazy, but did you try reversing the HDMI cable?  That sometimes works.

Also ran across this from another site:

"The same problem exists on other HDMI attached TV boxes, whether it be DISH, DirecTV or most IPTV boxes.

It has to do with the audio signals on the HDMI ‘ports’ getting their knickers in a twist when that HDMI port is selected. This, alas, happens when you switch from one HDMI port to another — in this case when you switch to the Roku HDMI port.

The fix is actually a work around.

Don’t switch directly from another HDMI port to the Roku port. First switch to a non-HDMI port. Wait for 3 seconds. One Mississippi. Two Mississippi. Three Mississippi.

Now switch to the Roku HDMI port. Bob will be your uncle.

On my 47″ Philips TV the Roku is on HDMI port 3. The DirecTV Genie box is on HDMI I and I have a DVD player on HDMI 2.

I no longer go straight from HDMI 1 (DirecTV) to HDMI 3 (Roku).

I first go to the ‘TV’ (RCA jack) port on my TV. Wait 3 seconds and switch to HDMI. Sound works first time.

I have known about this HDMI problem since 2011. Had it with DISH and then with DirecTV. "

0 Kudos
Dsmith5432
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am not switching from one hdmi port to another.  I use Roku and switch from YouTube to HULU.  Changing out the hdmi cord, or reversing it s not the issue.  I have the same problem on all three sets that have their own Roku unit attached.  There is a signal problem with the Roku. It is dropping the audio signal when changing channels, or imitating service after it has been in rest mode.  You either have to unplug it or go thru the setup screen and restart the unit.

0 Kudos
Stahls
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Apple has quite well informed chat peps

0 Kudos
TrashProduct
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm not using any special soundbars or anything, so I'm not using the HDMI port at all. Just sound from the TV and I'm having problems.

0 Kudos
TrashProduct
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Also I'm using a RokuTV. I have a regular streaming attachment on my other non/Roku TV. I've had no problems with that one, but it's an older model. The issue seems to be with the newer streaming devices/Roku TV's.

0 Kudos