Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dsmith5432
Channel Surfer

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

I went back to your 8/1520 post and looked here and I do not seem to find your posting on how to fix this issue.

0 Kudos
JannaMontanna
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Do a factory reset on your Roku. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

So reset or unplug work but this is happening everyday on both of my devices. Gotta be a better way than resetting at least once a day.

0 Kudos
Carolyn-Marie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We bought a new 65” Samsung tv with the Hulu app. already in it. No more sound issues. 

Roku needs to fix this on going problem. Our other 2 tv’s have the Roku device. Every once in a while sound doesn’t work. 😡

0 Kudos
Dsmith5432
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did the factory reset yesterday and had to go back thru and redo everything and log it back in.  Just turned it on today at 1:25 PM, and no sound.  Did not work.

0 Kudos
jim5711

Jump to solution

Just bought a new one today because the old one wasn't producing any sound.  Exact same problem and I can't get sound no matter what I try from these suggestions.  So my thought is that it IS NOT hardware since I have same exact problem with brand new device.

0 Kudos
ssmccloud
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Since that one is brand new, have you contacted the company about it. It seems they’re ignoring the issue, but don’t you have a warranty?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Still having sound issues....no sound...did a factory reset and unplugged everything to reset....how do I get sound on streaming stick???

0 Kudos
Stahls
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I finally removed my Express+ because I had to re-boot about every fifth time just to get sound.  Is there a permanent cure?  Is there a way to find out if my unit was recalled?

0 Kudos
TrashProduct
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Having the same issue! Sound went off twice yesterday. Had to unplug. Messaged Roku Support via Twitter and when I addressed this KNOWN issue, they stopped responding. This is trash. I will never buy any of their products again. Their hardware partners should really cut times with them. I await the class action. Also, what type of company has NO customer service outside of Twitter. What a joke!

0 Kudos