Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ipaul75
Channel Surfer

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

@Stormy wrote:

We've been dealing with the sound loss as well for a couple of days. Unplugging didn't work. Just did a system restart and now the sound is back. Hopefully this will work for others as well.

To do this, go to settings and click "ok". Then go down to system restart and click "ok". Next you should see the ROKU letters bouncing on the screen. Once that stops go back to the home screen and select your program again to see if the sound is back. 

Stormy,

The restart fixes the issue temporarily. It is not a long term fix. Please reply back when your sound goes out again. It might be time to go to a Amazon fire stick. 

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
Rich428
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Set your audio to plain Dolby Digital versus (auto) or otherwise.  

Seems to solve until Roku solves.  

Has Roku responded to ANYONE?  As usual, they will figure this out and quietly fix it.  I just wish they’d acknowledge the issue so we all can know it’s at least being addressed and they are hearing our pain.  

Ty1890

Jump to solution

Same problem as everyone else.  You guys have a software issue.   FIX IT!   I did every troubleshooting thing possible and no luck. It is an ongoing problem with our Roku device that is only 4 days old.  Replacing the HDMI cable doesn’t work. Neither does turning it on and off or resetting it.  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It appears most people on the list have done these items with no luck. Did everything suggested and still the same issue. I can then assume this is a Roku issue and would like to know when Roku plans to release an update to fix whatever was screwed up in the last update instead of the same tired suggestions that do not fix the issue long term.    UPDATE - I found a solution……..got a new Apple TV 4K box….…guess what……no sound issues anymore…….lol.

0 Kudos
JannaMontanna
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve done ALL the things suggested in the solution for the “no sound” issue for my Roku Premiere. In addition I’ve replaced all the cables, tried different HDMI inputs, and even a different TV. No success. I was ready to cave and buy a new Roku but I’m glad I found this thread. My no sound problem started about a week ago, and with all these posts with the same problem, my guess it’s either a firmware update problem or a really **bleep** hardware problem! I’ve only been using this Roku for a couple of months. It shouldn’t fail so quickly! I hope Roku people are reading this thread and are working on a solution. If I don’t see a resolution soon, I won’t be buying another Roku, which is a darn shame because I really like Roku waaayy better than Fire Stick! Maybe I’ll go with the new TIVO streamer.

0 Kudos
JannaMontanna
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I take back what I said! The Factory Reset DID bring back my audio! Stupidly, I forgot that my bedroom TV where I was testing had earbuds plugged into it! I’ll keep you guys posted, though, in case the audio goes away again after some usage!

0 Kudos
Queen__305

Jump to solution

I’ve been messing with this issue for 24 hrs. Doing what you said is the only thing that worked!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This fault just started for me last week on my streaming stick+. Three times its happened, once it came back by changing apps, twice requiring reboots.

Swapped out hdmi cable to eliminate that but as everyone has surmised it clearly is a software fault.

0 Kudos
slj
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just noticed this problem today - I don't use my Roku everyday. Tried the suggestions above, but no luck.

I did find that if I plug either earphones or a speaker with an audio jack into the Roku remote, I have sound.  Otherwise no sound. 

I have a Roku 2 purchased in 2013. I noticed that I received a software update on August 7th.  I suspect that this caused the problem.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Patrathbun
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

the sound issue was fixed by restarting my Roku, thank you to all who have responded.m

0 Kudos