Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rich428
Binge Watcher

Re: No sound

Jump to solution
I’m audio settings lock to Dolby Digital as a temp fix.
0 Kudos
chisum

Jump to solution

Unplugging only works for a short time. Then lose sound again. It's a tube tv with great sound, using Roku with RCA plugs.

0 Kudos
Patrathbun
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, I hope someone is on here because I have done everything suggested to get the sound on my Roku back to no avail.  Do they have a shelf life?  I've had mine for about a year and it's just starting acting up.  

0 Kudos
MinFL

Jump to solution

I have lost my sound twice in the past two weeks. Both times I checked and had required updates.  After doing the updates, I then followed the directions to unplug and restart the ROKU unit and have gotten my sound back. 

0 Kudos
Carolyn-Marie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is BS, we should not have to unplug the Roku in order to get sound to come back on. . Sound goes out  at least twice a day we are unplugging it. 
My sound bar is not the problem. It’s the Roku. 

0 Kudos
joeydav1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Now, a SECOND Roku in our house - less than 3 months old - is having sound issues. Sound gets garbled like it's under water, then goes out completely.

0 Kudos
Carolyn-Marie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Our Roku Express + is a month shy of a year old. 

0 Kudos
penstruck
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

unplugged roku stick for 60 seconds plugged back in sound fine thanks

0 Kudos
joeydav1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

penstruck - 

Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.

0 Kudos
Stormy

Jump to solution

We've been dealing with the sound loss as well for a couple of days. Unplugging didn't work. Just did a system restart and now the sound is back. Hopefully this will work for others as well.

To do this, go to settings and click "ok". Then go down to system restart and click "ok". Next you should see the ROKU letters bouncing on the screen. Once that stops go back to the home screen and select your program again to see if the sound is back. 

0 Kudos