Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SocalVal
Binge Watcher

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

none of these solutions work, and the sound works when I use other media so it's not my TV. I have done a factory rest and still no sound. i have had mine less than a year

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
mtux00

Jump to solution

I have two separate Roku Expresses on two separate TVs.  The TVs are two separate brands.  The Expresses were bought around a year apart from different retailers so are almost certainly not from the "same batch."

Both of them have, in the past 3-4 months, started randomly losing audio after periods of use ranging from as little as 10 minutes to as much as 3-4 hours.

I don't want to hear that it's my HDMI port or my HDMI cable or any of that nonsense.  The ONLY common denominator is the devices themselves.

I should not have to power cycle my device on a regular basis to use it as intended.  If I wanted to only be able to see intermittent parts of a television program I'd get an old school antenna that I'd have to adjust every so often.  To be honest "unplug and replug the device" is horrible support/customer service - you're basically saying "we don't care enough that you're missing part of your programs to fix it so here's a band-aid".

I have to assume this is the result of some sort of Roku update since both worked fine for 1+ years before both starting to have the same problem at basically the exact same time.

Fix your devices, Roku, before you lose even more market share than you're already going to lose from the recent HBO, etc. problems you're having.  You're not the only game in town anymore.

mbgreenleaf
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have solved this problem permanently by switching to Nvidia Shield. Sure, I had to follow a YouTube video to download and use the AT&T TV NOW app, but it was a small effort for big return. It's been over a week with no sound issues at all! Bye, Roku!

CCCC2004
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. I love the stick but considering returning it and getting a Amazon Fire Stick.... 

No support..... Just crazy.

ClevelandDad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a Streaming Stick+ and suddenly the sound stopped working for me yesterday afternoon - right after my remote lost pairing with the device. Once I paired it back up, no sound. All these solutions do not work - sounds like I’m not alone. Where is customer support?

0 Kudos
ClevelandDad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update on my issue, I fixed the sound problem by unplugging my TV while the Roku was up and operational, I was watching the NBA League Pass app with no sound, on a whim, I just unplugged the TV, I didn’t turn off the tv first - and sound came back.

So, maybe that will work for someone else - its worth a try

Good luck

SocalVal
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks the unplugging the TV worked like a charm. I hope this isn’t a regular occurrence 

0 Kudos
CCCC2004
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I went to setting and did a connection test. When completed I lost audio again and had to do a reset.

This is so frustrating! Still no response from technical support!

0 Kudos
Rich428
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Following up...

BOUGHT A BRAND NEW ULTRA From BestBuy out of frustration - took the update and now the new one has no audio.  Zero back from Customer Service going on 2+ weeks.  

0 Kudos
mfedele

Jump to solution

I followed your instructions and what happens is, it works for a bit and then goes silent again. Now this is when I’m watching Netflix. When the sound disappears I revert back to live TV and have no sound and the only way to fix that is turning the TV off waiting a minute and putting it on again. HELP!!!

0 Kudos