Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

Update : unplugging and plugging back in worked 🙂 but from other reviews not sure how long it will last before I have to do it again. 

0 Kudos
YLDave
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unplugging power for a minute did the trick thanks 

0 Kudos
mawb

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. I've tried all the fixes suggested with no luck. It sounds like Roku needs to roll back the latest update.

Lk3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Started having this issue 2 days ago, have had to restart my Roku 3 times today after sound just stops working.  How about some reply, response, or update from support?

Jdedwa11

Jump to solution

Cycling the power on the stick didnt work for me. Taking the batteries out of the remote and then putting them back in did work. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Tried buying a new HDMI cable, unplugging and plugging TV in, unplugging and plugging Roku in, pulled and replaced remote batteries, checked audio settings and TV and roku match, tried cycling through different audio settings, and even factory reset the Roku.  It's been 3 days with no sound.  Why am I wasting my money on Hulu and YouTube if I can't listen to the sound that goes with the picture?  Does anybody know how to actually get ahold of customer service for Roku?

Thanks!

HeatherJo

Jump to solution

Hi -

I have this exact same problem.  Turning the device on and off fixed the problem, but only temporarily. About 10 minutes later I would lose sound again. I also switched to a different HDMI port, same problem. Any other ideas? My device is not even a year old.

Thanks

Heather

HeatherJo

Jump to solution

For me, unplugging and plugging back in only lasted about 10 minutes. Were you able to resolve the sound issue for good? I'm still having problems. 

0 Kudos
HeatherJo

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same issue. I've tried all the trouble-shooting tips.  Still not working. I'm going to email customer support. Have you heard anything back?

0 Kudos
Cheesehead1269
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have done all of those items, and I still have garbled audio with an out of box roku today.

0 Kudos