Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickaran1

Re: Distorted Audio

I have the same problem.  In fact sometimes I completely lose all audio.  The fix for me is to unplug the Roku Premiere box for a few minutes and then plug it in again.  Then everything is normal until the issue happens again which usually is within a few days.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

You shouldnt need to unplug it. Try

Settings/System/System restart

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
supsvcmi
Reel Rookie

I've started seeing this same problem since I purchased a new (Vizio) TV and connected my Roku Express to it.  No problems with my previous Sony TV at all.  No idea why the new TV would make the difference.  

I've tried all the suggestions regarding audio settings - they don't fix the problem.  I've even tried something I saw recommended elsewhere - plugging headphones into the headphone jack on the back of the TV, which forces the TV to adjust its audio settings, and then unplugging them - that didn't work either.  

The only sure-fire fix for this (at least for me) has been to restart my Roku device by going to the Home menu, Settings, System and Restart.  But that's a band-aid fix - it only works temporarily.  I don't really want to buy a new Roku device and have the same thing happen, but I'd love to get this fixed permanently.  It was never a problem in the past, only since the new TV - that's the only variable that has changed in my setup.  

Tracy3
Reel Rookie

I've contacted my internet provider, my internet is fine. I've tried contacting Roku but they are not answering phone calls during the pandemic. I had to email them. Meanwhile my roku tv sound is awful. Its crackly and static. I've uninstalled and reinstalled my roku tv. This happens with my other two tv's as well. They both use the Roku Premier. I bought a Roku tv thinking it would have better sound. I was wrong. 

glenda1

Turning my Roku of and on. (Unplugging and plugging back in) worked perfectly. 

eaayoung

New to Roku. But changing the HDMI setting from Auto to PCM Stereo fixed this problem for my outdoor tv. 

Tracy3
Reel Rookie

I've had to reset to factory settings to fix sound quality. A little over a week later and its happening again.

My connection is strong, the tv is right over the router. 

0 Kudos
SIN0113

In the settings there is 2 volume settings 

Volume mode and sound mode 

Volume mode should be turned off and sound mode should be set to normal. 

This is whats worked for me. And it doesn't make the volume turn off. 

I too have been having the same issue for about a week. My roku is a couple months old. I've been thinking the speakers were about to go out on my tv. I tried the whole menu volume off thing and it did not work. 

I then went to audio settings and changed the audio mode from "auto(DD)" to "stereo", and it seems to have fixed the issue....for now. I even went back and changed it back to auto, and so far i am not hearing that distorted sound. Hopefully this resolves the issue.for good. We shall see. 

This worked! Turning the volume setting to off. It fixed the issue I was trying to fix. Thank you!