Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix a roku that pauses on its own

My roku device will automatically pause on its own.  Doesn't matter which app I use on the device, I e changed remote batteries, not connected to any other devices or remotes, rebooted and restarted it, checked for updates, I live in the country so no close neighbors using thier remote, on the menu screen u can hear it make a noise at times like the play button was pushed, I've taken the batteries completely out of the remote and even covered the sensors on the device. DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA HERE?

1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to fix a roku that pauses on its own

@Justhelpmehere wrote:

I've taken the batteries completely out of the remote and even covered the sensors on the device.

You didn't finish the thought.  This still happens when you do these things?

These things are just special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes clearing things out by restarting them can correct problems. (Note that if yours is a Roku TV with "Fast start" enabled, turning it off and back on just puts it into and out of a standby state and does NOT give you a complete restart.)

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under Settings > System > Power or if not there, under Settings > System

If a restart doesn't do it, or if you don't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can also restart by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a few seconds then plugging it back in and wait for it to restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos