Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ben5
Binge Watcher

How to fix Roku zoomed in and cutting screen off?

Jump to solution

Suddenly, while using the remove of my Roku Premiere... everything is zoomed in. It cuts off on all sides.

It isn't the TV, as I can watch air channels AND Netflix is fine when I access it through my Smart TV. I unplugged it, but that did not help. Yes, I did plug it back in. I tried changing themes. as some other threads suggested. nope.

My roku has suddenly become a paperweight. Any thoughts?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to fix Roku zoomed in and cutting screen off?

Jump to solution

@ben5 wrote:

Suddenly, while using the remove of my Roku Premiere... everything is zoomed in. It cuts off on all sides.

It isn't the TV, as I can watch air channels AND Netflix is fine when I access it through my Smart TV. I unplugged it, but that did not help. Yes, I did plug it back in. I tried changing themes. as some other threads suggested. nope.

First thing I'd try would be a restart of the Roku.   Settings > System > System restart

If that doesn't get it, try Settings > Display type, and set it to your set's actual resolution instead of "Auto detect".

Let us know how you make out.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

56 REPLIES 56
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@ben5 wrote:

First thing I'd try would be a restart of the Roku.   Settings > System > System restart

If that doesn't get it, try Settings > Display type, and set it to your set's actual resolution instead of "Auto detect".

Let us know how you make out.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
ben5
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I had to manually select the image size. You had the solution.

0 Kudos
Laxbuff

Jump to solution

I don’t have a display type option on my TCL tv. What other fixes do you have?

Yosheka

Jump to solution

I’ve tried both of these and they are not working 

Mr_Haney
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Evidently, people suggesting fixes have never experienced this issue. 

Kgrant

Jump to solution

When watching cable hit the star on the Roku remote. Then go to picture size and choice auto not zoom. We just fixed it for my mother in law

0 Kudos
AlabamaPlateGuy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a similar issue, except this issue occurred on the latest Firmware update of the ROKU device.    Nothing I am doing is fixing the issue, including all mentioned and a few more.   Can I go back to an older firmware on the ROKU device that does not have this bug?

0 Kudos
AlabamaPlateGuy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, picture size was not an option.   Only Mode and Tracking.  Tried with YouTubeTV and Netflix. Thanks.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@AlabamaPlateGuy

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshot of the issue

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos