Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to fix Netflix not working on my Roku streaming device

Jump to solution

This is my exact issue but in all of my roku devices and roku tvs. Netflix is the only app that does this. 

Jav24
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here I have spoken with them at length tried all troubleshooting methods so far I was told the issue was escalated and they will get back to me. I even spoke with Netflix about it.

0 Kudos
Romie

Jump to solution

Hey I'm a roku customer and had this problem with netflix not playing anything it would just buffer endlessly.  I was able to resolve it by changing my roku display settings. I had it on the highest resolution. When I set it to 4k HDR and go back to Netflix it all started working.  I hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
Romie

Jump to solution

Hey I'm a roku customer and had this problem with netflix not playing anything it would just buffer endlessly.  I was able to resolve it by changing my roku display settings. I had it on the highest resolution. When I set it to 4k HDR and go back to Netflix it all started working.  I hope this helps. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Removed app and reinstalled,  seems to have fixed the issue

Mla913

Jump to solution

We are having the same exact issues!!!  Would definitely like some answers!!  We clear the cache... reload the app... nothing seems to work! 

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community, @Mla913 

In some cases, removing and reinstalling the channel may resolve the issue. To ensure success, follow the steps below, and restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star  

to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
    • Note: If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove Channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Refer to earlier instructions to restart your Roku device.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
  4. Restart your internet router.

If you have already tried other troubleshooting steps or encountered an error code, please provide the details. Also, check if this issue is occurring with other channels. If the problem is limited to a specific channel, we highly recommend contacting the channel provider directly as many channels/apps on Roku are created, maintained, and updated by the providers themselves.

We eagerly await your response and assure you that we will thoroughly investigate this issue.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dmnoun

Jump to solution

Roku sucks. I have same problem with Netflix and now Hulu. Once the Roku warranty ended, the problems started.

0 Kudos
mlopes1963
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

How come ROKU is doing nothing to identify and fix this BUG? I have 3 ROKU boxes and one ROKU TV. Will I have to trash all of them? My TOSHIBA with Firestick is running NETFLIX and PRIME without any problems. This is definitely a ROKU BUG. Please have your developers identify the problem and fix it quickly before it is too late for ROKU.

mlopes1963
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did all this and more. My TOSHIBA with Firestick is running PRIME and NETFLIX perfectly. All my devices with ROKU just quit working with NETFLIX and PRIME the same day. Unacceptable!!!!

0 Kudos