Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RiversideGuy
Streaming Star

How hot should it be getting?

Just got a new TV, pulled my 4k streaming stick from the old TV and noticed it was VERY hot. Got it set up on the new TV and fairly quickly got an overheating message. Incidentally, it had not been used for many months when I pulled it, quite hot, from the old TV, so it seems it gets very hot JUST by being powered.

How hot should it get?

Is there a way to halt power to it by doing something other than pulling it out and disconnected power?

Yes I ordered the extender cable BUT it is not in sunlight and in front of a window that is usually open all the time (except for winter).

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How hot should it be getting?

Hi @RiversideGuy,

We appreciate you reaching out to the Roku community!

It's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on the screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.

For more information visit our Support page here: What to do if the red light is on or you see a “Your device is overheating” message | Official Roku ...

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos