Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WP3

How do I get rid of Software Update notice

A notice re a software update appears on my screen asking me to select “Show Details” . My remote will not connect me to this button. How do I get rid of this notice?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: How do I get rid of Software Update notice

Hello @WP3

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
2. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? 
3. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted with the details.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@WP3-

Assuming this is not a Roku TV (i.e. one with Roku functionality built in):

This notice may be coming from the TV, not an attached Roku device.  If so you'll need to use your TV's remote to respond to it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Williamt100
Roku Guru

As makaiguy mentioned, the banner you describe is the same one that I see when my smart TV updates its apps/OS.

I must use the TV remote to navigate to the banner and respond to the notice.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
Jelange72

I cant get the software notice off my Roku tv screen

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Jelange72

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue? Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos