Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
burrgandy

Home screen layout not functional

The layout of the home screen isn't functional. I don't go into any of the other menu options like Featured Free, What to Watch, Live TV and Movie Store because they're buried in the side panel. The layout should be similar to Firestick. I end up finding content I never would have searched for on my own with my Firestick. The Roku device has less bugs but the Amazon firestick has a far superior layout.  I often purchase the Firestick as a gift because it's more intuitive and interactive. I would love for Roku to upgrade their interface.  

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Home screen layout not functional

You'd have to be the first one I've ever seen state that.  Having used a Firestick, I strongly disagree.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@burrgandy-

The left hand menu on the Roku home screen on all my Rokus is fully visible with room to spare.

roku1.jpg

But using the controls on my tv, not my Roku, I can zoom the picture out such that the center of the image is shown, but stuff on the left, right, top, and bottom is lost.roku2.jpg

See if this is your situation.  The picture size controls on tvs from different manufactures may be named differently.  My Samsung uses "P.SIZE", my JVC uses "WIDE", I've seen "ZOOM" and "ASPECT RATIO" used on others.  Look for these or something similar.

Note that on many sets, this can be set for each separate input option.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
cwcheese
Roku Guru

Amazon Firestick is mainly an advertising vehicle for Amazon's streaming content, as opposed to Roku which is designed as a portal to myriad streaming channels. Thus the interfaces are markedly different because of the intent of the manufacturer. Amazon would prefer you stay inside Amazon Prime ecosystem for everything, Roku intends you select content you want from many available options - while also providing the Roku Channel to advertise content. You may have noticed the right third of the screen flashes advertising for programs, features, and personalized offers from Roku.

At any rate, we all have choices.

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
0 Kudos
Mikie14
Channel Surfer

I have the same problem as the second screen shown, menus are not completeIy shown. When I first got the Roku, I did not have this issue? I tried adjusting my TV screens with no solution. Very annoying trying to guess the menus. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mikie14

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried restarting your Roku device to see if you are still experiencing the issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos