Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siryu00

Hi, I'm having issues with my new Roku and the audio going way out of sync.

I purchased my Roku+ about two months ago and it's been like this ever since I got it. Netflix does not have this issue at all on the player but Plex does and so does Amazon prime.

I'm guessing an issue with the player itself as non of my other streaming devices are having an issue. This includes an apple TV, several smart TV's and an android TV box.

Any help on solving the problem or is it an issue with my player as I presume.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hi, I'm having issues with my new Roku and the audio going way out of sync.

@siryu00 

This is an interesting one. If it was the Roku device, it would seem it would impact all the apps. It doesn't, as you said.

That points to the apps. However, if it was the apps, it would happen on other Roku devices. That is, my Roku device would have the same problem your Roku device has, if the apps were the same, and were the issue.

Now, just to correct one thing you'd indicated: you're treating the apps for the various devices as being the same. They aren't. They all run on different operating systems. You can't run an Apple app on an Android box. That means the app code is different for the apps on those platforms. And different code is a different app, regardless of its name and company that created it. So, if a Roku app works one way, and an Apple app works a different way, it's not because of Apple or Roku, it's because the apps are different.

That doesn't solve things, but it does give a better understanding of the landscape.

So, which Roku device do you have? There is no "Roku+" device. Is it a Roku Express+, a Roku Express 4K+, a Roku Streaming Stick+, a Roku Streaming Stick 4K+? I think I'm missing one or two. Anyway, go to Settings > System > About and provide the model number. Also give the software version/build. Maybe that will help run down what's going on.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Restart your Roku and router first. Also what channel are you watching?

0 Kudos
Speedy2900

Hulu and HBO+ both have syncing issues.  the internet and all my other hardware has been re set and still have syncing issues with Hulu DVR shows.  HBO is really bad. no problems with Netflix or Prime

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Speedy2900

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel(s) from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel(s) back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos