Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nix30101
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku device hot to touch

Jump to solution

if a consumer has to physically put a fan on a device to keep it cool and working somethings wrong with the device. Either defective or a design flaw. 

Roku Streaming sticks are a defective design
cbtx
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@nix30101 wrote:

if a consumer has to physically put a fan on a device to keep it cool and working somethings wrong with the device. Either defective or a design flaw. 

I ABSOLUTELY agree. We have to unplug our Roku and just plug it in when we want to watch. Then if we have watched quite a bit, we have to unplug it part way through a show.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@nix30101 @cbtx

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found by navigating to Settings > System > About or at the back of the player itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
nix30101
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

mine is YH0019457093

thanks

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@nix30101

Thanks for the response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
cbtx
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have not sent the information. That was another poster. However, if all you are doing is sending out a 3" adapter to get it further from the TV, then it doesn't work.

I have been disappointed in this product since I purchased two of them a year ago. 

cbtx

0 Kudos
nix30101
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I 2nd that I DO NOT Need another adapter that is NOT the issue 

0 Kudos
cbtx
Binge Watcher

Re: hot to touch - shorter HDMI cable does not work!

Jump to solution

@boogernose wrote:

so get a shorter HDMI cable and use it between your stick and the TV.

to air it out.

Getting a shorter HDMI cable does not work. You have to unplug the Roku and plug it in when you want to use it. This is the same thinking that Roku has. They are not fixing the problem!!!

ROKU PLEASE FIX THE PROBLEM AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!

0 Kudos
nix30101
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

THIS IS THE EMAIL REPLY FROM SUPPORT..FIX THE FAULTY DESIGN IN YOUR PRODUCT..A CUSTOMER SHOULD NOT HAVE TO UNPLUG THEIR DEVICE IN ORDER TO USE IT AND FOR IT TO COOL DOWN NUMEROUS TIMES PER DAY. 

Roku Customer Support

Santa, Sep 21, 2021, 8:10 PDT

Thank you for contacting Roku customer support. We understand that your Roku device is overheating.

If your Roku device is placed inside a cabinet or other enclosed space, especially with other electronic equipment, it may overheat and device overheating could interrupt the device's connection to the network.

Please follow the troubleshooting steps below, and check if it resolves the issue:

1. Carefully unplug the power cable from your Roku player and allow it to cool down

2. Find a cooler location for your Roku player, and place it there

3. Wait at least 10 minutes for your Roku player to cool down

4. Once cooled, re-plug the power cable and wait for the Roku player to power-on
0 Kudos
cbtx
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@nix30101 wrote:

THIS IS THE EMAIL REPLY FROM SUPPORT..FIX THE FAULTY DESIGN IN YOUR PRODUCT..A CUSTOMER SHOULD NOT HAVE TO UNPLUG THEIR DEVICE IN ORDER TO USE IT AND FOR IT TO COOL DOWN NUMEROUS TIMES PER DAY. 

Roku Customer Support

Santa, Sep 21, 2021, 8:10 PDT

Thank you for contacting Roku customer support. We understand that your Roku device is overheating.

If your Roku device is placed inside a cabinet or other enclosed space, especially with other electronic equipment, it may overheat and device overheating could interrupt the device's connection to the network.

Please follow the troubleshooting steps below, and check if it resolves the issue:

1. Carefully unplug the power cable from your Roku player and allow it to cool down

2. Find a cooler location for your Roku player, and place it there

3. Wait at least 10 minutes for your Roku player to cool down

4. Once cooled, re-plug the power cable and wait for the Roku player to power-on

THIS IS A JOKE!!! My Roku is directly behind the TV and not in a cabinet. They just do not want to admit that their product has an issue. They could contact the ones that are having problems directly and offer a solution but that would cost them money.

We do not plug in our Roku until we are ready to use it. Might use it at other times but if we have to get up, we just go with the OTA channels.

0 Kudos