Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: HDCP error code 020

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As state previously, if you have not already, can you please provide the following information:

-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Shaun_Fielding

Thanks for the post and providing us with the information that we have requested.

I have passed the information along to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Khamlet55

Im getting the same thing and I have tried EVERYTHING. 

Model number3930X

SN:S00820D2DD5C

I have had 2 boxes from almost the very beginning and I did NOT want to spend money to upgrade, so this is beyond irritating...

0 Kudos
Brian20-10
Reel Rookie

HDCP Error on Express 3930

Express 3930x 10.0.0 build 4209-AE

Device ID S008305LE5JJ

started getting hdmi code error 020 today, I tried different hdmi cables and ports on my tv. When I start streaming on sling tv, the error comes up, I hit sling button on remote and error goes away and comes right back? I also tried netflix and it does the same, help?

0 Kudos
SRC21
Reel Rookie

hi, so I’m now having this problem for the first time too and all the recommend unplugging and securing cables didn’t do anything. Here’s the info, please help

-Roku device model : 3930X - Roku Express
-serial number: X00400P8RX11
-device ID: S00820A8RX11
-software OS/version: 10.0.0 + build 4209-AE
-tracker ID when this issue occurs: 11-258-219

0 Kudos
TK414
Channel Surfer

Hi Danny,

I got this same error message this morning so I'm reporting the info for your records. I was able to get it working again but the experience is extremely frustrating as I am sure you can imagine. I appreciate any insights you may have on this problem.

Device model 3930X

Serial # X00400D305JR

Device ID S008304305JR

software os/version 10.0.0 build 4209 AE

If it recurs I will try the home 5x/back 5x and see what I can learn from that.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the posts.

We would recommend trying out the troubleshooting steps first available in this Support article: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Keep us updated on how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
SRC21
Reel Rookie

Already tried that. It did nothing... that’s why I found this thread and shared the info other people were previously told to share. Thanks!

TK414
Channel Surfer

Please see my previous post to which Danny already replied. I have tried the disconnect instructions (same as SRC21) and was returning to this thread to report a RECURRENCE of the event and ADDITIONAL details that moderator Danny had requested in his initial reply.

I realize this is a detailed thread and I'm not sure if my replies go to the correct post but it would be helpful if ROKU staff kept track of who has previously reported what info - I would assume that's why we create account names.

Thanks all

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the response @SRC21 @TK414

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos