Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLondon
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't watch content due to HDCP error code 020

Terrible programming by Roku!!!  I gave up and am only purchasing Firestick now.

0 Kudos
Mpaige

Re: HDCP error code 020.

Model 3941x - Roku express 4k+
X01600TD0S1T

software: 10.5.0 build 4201-cr

device Id S07P216D0S1T

tracker ID 462-527

it happens every day. Been happening for the last 3 weeks every day.

0 Kudos
RuthScaife
Reel Rookie

Re: HDCP error code 020 Roku Ultra not working

I have tried everything and I mean everything that is listed to correct this and still I am getting this HDCP Error Detected Error 020 I have the Roku Ultra.

Model 4800X- Roku Ultra

Serial Number X01000DSNRWY

software version 10.5.0 . build 4201-C2

Uptime 58 minutes

Device ID SO2A20ASNRWY

Please let me know what is my next step as I am unable to use my Roku device. 

0 Kudos
Lora
Channel Surfer

Re: HDCP error code 020 - Found a fix!

FOUND a FIX! Was having the same problem.  Once you open up your apps. Go to any of them (do not click to open)

Simply press the * on your remote.  It will ask you if you want to update, click yes.  This worked for me, hopefully this will help you as well.

Lora

0 Kudos
Lora
Channel Surfer

Re: HDCP error code 020- Fix Found

FOUND a FIX! Was having the same problem.  Once you open up your apps. Go to any of them (do not click to open)

Simply press the * on your remote.  It will ask you if you want to update, click yes.  This worked for me, hopefully this will help you as well.

Lora

0 Kudos
Lora
Channel Surfer

Re: HDCP error code 020- Try this it should work!

Lora

0 Kudos
Lora
Channel Surfer

FOUND A FIX- Worked for me! Re: HDCP error code 020

Lora

0 Kudos
RuthScaife
Reel Rookie

Re: FOUND A FIX- Worked for me! Re: HDCP error code 020

thanks for the info. I will try it, hope it will work. This is going on since early part of November every time I try to use the roku I have to unplug everything. This is getting real old real quick. What I hate is there is no one from ROKU to talk to. They are leaving us floundering in the wind to by trial and errors fix it for ourselves.  That is no way for a company to run a business. To say I am disappointed is putting it mildly.  

smm26

Re: HDCP Errors after trying every fix

Roku and I are fighting again.  I Completed the plug/unplug steps in the order that was written.  
As a long time user i expect more help than this.  
currently The screen has the dreaded “HDCP ERROR DETECTED” with error code 020.  
I have had this issue before and purchased a new Roku about six months ago and a new cable.  
PLEASE HELP!

0 Kudos
EW54

Re: HDCP error code 020 ……………………

Hi,

Had this issue after having had Roku 2 days. Unplugging and re plugging didn’t help. Had recently downloaded a channel called LocalCast Receiver. After deleting this error code has gone away and Roku seems to be working again. Could this be linked?

thanks 

0 Kudos