Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hmerrill

HDCP error 020, I gave up

We've used Roku devices for years. Bought a new tv, 4K even though we don't stream 4K, and after a week of trying every solution reported we ditched the Roku. If I switch the display to settings to 4K on the Roku all is well until we shut down. I had to manually switch the display setting on every restart. All is well with Google Chromecast or Fire stick. We'll get used to the new interface over time. Maybe the day will come when this will get fixed but since posts on this date back at least 3 years we decided not to wait.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
CelticsFan
Roku Guru

Re: HDCP error 020, I gave up

Is this a Roku TV or a Roku player? What is your model number?

https://support.roku.com/article/208755468

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: HDCP error 020, I gave up

Hi @hmerrill,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot HDCP issues: What to do if you see an “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen | Official Roku Support

If this issue is not resolved, please help us with additional information provided below that would be helpful for our team to look into this problem.

-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos