Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hgcdesign
Reel Rookie

!!!!HDCP PLEASE FIX ROKU !!!!

I have lg tv , with my roku ultra I get this HDCP error 10 times a day . I've switched out the hdmi cables 4 times , high end , low end, I've gotten 2 new ultra boxes nothing fixes it. It's miserable my wife is going to make me get cable again. 

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
sethr
Reel Rookie

Re: !!!!HDCP PLEASE FIX ROKU !!!!

All of this "switch this, switch that" is a bunch of BS. It pops up depending on what stream you are watching, especially the lesser ones. But it does happen on Peacock every once in a while. It has NEVER happened to me on YTTV. The one thing that DOES correct it without getting up and pulling cables and power is to turn off the TV with the remote and turn it back on. I have a cable rated for 8K on a 4K TV. It's a roku compatibility issue. Nothing more, nothing less.

shiloh2

Re: !!!!HDCP PLEASE FIX ROKU !!!!

I ended up shutting whole system down as a error I got could not even exit the app. Message said...after having this roku over a month said..please use a walloutlet USB power adaptor to power your device. The tv usb port doesn't provide enough power..  Already have one plugged into power strip.   Once I powered tv back on, it worked..This is insane. Ready to ask for another replacement.

0 Kudos