Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hollina
Reel Rookie

Re: HBO Max won't play Real Time with Bill Maher Episodes But Plays Other Videos

Jump to solution

I'm also having this issue with the latest episode of Real Time. It flashes a "content not available" then crashes. I've tried logging out, uninstalling the app, resetting my Roku and reinstalling. But that hasn't worked... It will play on my phone with no issue, but I would really like to watch it on an actual screen.

EEM

Re: HBO Max won't play Real Time with Bill Maher Episodes But Plays Other Videos

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same problem... I have an older Roku 3- I did a factory reset (then painfully had to re-set up my accounts), but this did not help.  In truth, I mostly have an HBO Max subscription so I can watch Real Time... if this doesn't get fixed soon, I will just cancel my account... I am over it.

Greenway
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Typical corporate response to get you off their back - pass the buck to someone else. ROKU blames HBO...HBO blames ROKU. ROKU's customer service has one goal. To get you out of their help queue ASAP - whether or not your problem was fixed. Just keep buying the product and paying the charges...that's all the care about. 

But you can bet your life that if the ROKU executives had a problem with their million dollar bonuses, that would be fixed within seconds!

Greenway
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Why should the CUSTOMER reach out to HBO. The business relationship is between Roku and HBO to provide a quality product. When something goes wrong with the product, and the customer alerts you of it, you then have a responsibility to fix the problem - not push to back on the customer. Instead of putting the customer through the runaround and blame game, Roku IT should get on a call with HBO IT and correct the problem. It's obviously effecting a number of customers. Do something! Fix the problem! 

EEM

Jump to solution

Follow-up:  Just ended a chat with HBO, where they eventually told me they "are aware of the issue"...

HBO2.PNG

Although it was a little painful, I might suggest everyone reach out to HBO via the chat option...  the more they hear from us, the more likely they are to do something about it.

Ottosan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here.  Solutions?

Ottosan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Also, cannot delete HBO Channel. Trapped.  And, with annual annual subscription can’t cancel and get my money back .  C’mon Roku!

JFKC1

Jump to solution

Same issue.  Look...it's obvious there's a systemic issue with Roku and or HBO...f$%king get together and fix it!

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello everyone

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please be advised that Roku only rents and transmits the channel and is not responsible for the content. Contents are directly chosen by the respective channel and we have no control over the programming or operation of it. We would recommend contacting the channel directly for more information and assistance

You can reach HBO Max Support here

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Omiz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Dear Karla, 

I reached out to HBOMAX and watched it on my Apple product. None of your trouble shooting tips on your trouble shooting page worked. Repeating these things again when customer support suggested it was “fixed” did not help either. Since I watched it on my Apple product, I do not understand how you think it is an HBOMAX issue. HBOMAX TOLD ME TO CONTACT YOU AGAIN.

0 Kudos