Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: HBO Max won't play Real Time with Bill Maher Episodes But Plays Other Videos

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We recommend contacting HBO Max directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues and functionality inquiries. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach HBO Max Support here

We appreciate your patience with this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BenBTizMe
Channel Surfer

Re: HBO Max won't play Real Time with Bill Maher Episodes But Plays Other Videos

Jump to solution

RokuMary-F - I contacted HBO Max support using the link you provided.  They had me execute the same steps Roku support had me try last night:

-Check for updates to Roku and HBO Max app (There were none today and there weren't any updates last night)

-Using Roku, Sign-out of HBO Max, delete the HBO Max app from Roku, turn off Roku and the TV and remove power from the Roku device for 20 seconds, Start Roku again, add back the HBO Max app and sign back in to HBO Max.

The above didn't work any better than it did when Roku asked me to do it last night.

FaciaBrut
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mary, Since you have the problem description and data consolidated here, why wouldn't you (ROKU) initiate contact with HBOMAX? After all, they are your business partner supplying us with this service. Why should customers be the ones having to navigate all the various channels (no pun intended) to get a resolution. It seems to me that ROKU would have a better relationship and leverage to solve this issue.

Frustrated!

greened2062
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with Real Time and Last Week Tonight. I can play older episodes of Last week Tonight but not any from October and November 2022. I can watch the episodes on my laptop, phone or by using a Fire stick. I've contacted HBO support several times and this is the latest response:

"At this time, we may not be able to provide an immediate resolution, however our development teams are actively investigating. In the meantime, please try streaming HBO MAX on another supported device. I recommend continuing to check for updates to HBO MAX on Roku in the coming weeks as we continue to make improvements."

Jump to solution

I CANCELED HBO AND WILL BE GETTING ANOTHER DEVICE TO STREAM. NO MORE ROKU

Omiz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Me to. I have done everything on the troubleshooting page and none of them worked, but I could watch all the clips from the episode. And It plays on my iPad.

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Omiz @greened2062

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

For more information about that channel's content and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You may reached HBO via this contact

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
BenBTizMe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Already tried that HBO link and after performing all the same steps a Roku support person required the night before ... it didn't solve a thing.

Has this issue devolved into Roku blaming HBO and HBO blaming Roku?  

Would be nice if either company gave us an update.....

Omiz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks this is the second time I have emailed them.

0 Kudos
Omiz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had to watch it on my iPad. None of their troubleshooting suggestions helped.

0 Kudos