Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Ghost images on every app when video streams

@danfuelfire @KoruPlayer1

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
-when did you start seeing this issue

In addition, have you already tried contacting your Roku TV manufacturer to see what insight they can provide as it is possible that this may be related to a hardware issue.

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KoruPlayer1
Reel Rookie

Roku device model: 4630X - Roku Premiere+

Serial number: YR001R913808

Device ID: 7KA781913808

Software OS/version: 11.5.0 BUILD 4235-29

Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: Launch any app from Roku. It's most visible against a red screen. A reliable way to create a red screen is to launch a video from CNET app and pause on their red splash screen. Also visible but less so on an orange background, which are common for Dunkin commercials around Halloween. Important: it's not a ghost of my Roku; the shown images do not come from my app tile layout; I have no idea where Roku is getting this signal.

When did you start seeing this issue: approx. July 2022

have you already tried contacting your Roku TV manufacturer: It's not a Roku TV. It's a dedicated Roku Premiere+ box. The TV is LG OLED, but not relevant as there are no issues from other input devices like XBox

Thanks for the follow-up; hopefully this can be patched.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@KoruPlayer1

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KoruPlayer1
Reel Rookie

Figured it out. It is born-in on my LG OLED TV (I have to say "born" because this website won't allow the word with a "u" as the vowel... weird).

It was harder to replciate the issue on Xbox (my other non-Roku source input) but when I did so, confirmed the image is borned in even if Roku is turned off and disconnected.

I don't know how the OLED screen borned in so easily. Maybe Roku could add a warning notice if someone picks a longer time or no screen saver (though I had a 30 minute screen saver, which shouldn't born a screen). 

Thank you for checking and apologies for the confusion.

--Steve

0 Kudos
Erashemon
Reel Rookie

That's great, except I could reproduce the ghosting on any TV with the Roku box, and did not have the problem when I used my Playstation 4 for streaming.

In any case, I finally replaced my TV with a non-Roku smart TV (TCL). The funny thing is that the old 720 Roku box still works just fine and is hooked up to an Samsung non-smart TV.

0 Kudos