Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angierumom

Re: Frndly won't load, anyone else having issues

I just signed up for FrndlyTV on Thursday, starting with the trial week.  I can't believe there are problems with loading. I especially wanted METV but if Frndly doesn't have consistent service, then it is a waste of money.  Sure hope it will be fixed, otherwise, I will cancel within the trial period.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Kapatt

Appreciate the update.

Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since Frndly TV is already aware of the issue affecting their channel on different streaming platforms, we'd recommend continuing to work with them for updates and resolution. 

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
LSLS1
Reel Rookie

Don't give up. Believe me I love having ME tv. It is my favorite channel. I have had Friendly for a few months and not had many issues. I'm sure they will get it back online as quickly as they can. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@angierumom 

All services do occasionally have hiccups. Frndly TV does not have them often. This situation is a rarity. In fact, I don't recall anything like this in the years I've been a subscriber.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
LSLS1
Reel Rookie

Just wanted to report back today that Friendly has fixed the issues. It's working perfect this morning. 

imdor54
Reel Rookie

I am having the equal issue on all my Roku gadgets. I tried an antique streaming device and it came up however could no longer permit me to view some thing like this page as I had bought it with my Roku account.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @imdor54,
Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support
Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
anahsy846
Reel Rookie

I am having the equal difficulty on all my Roku gadgets. I attempted an old streaming tool and it came up but could now not permit me to view something as I had bought it with my Roku account.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@hueue83  Nah.  Probably with only certain Roku devices.  As has been previously stated,  it is rare for Frndly TV to have occasional hiccups.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
stonep1701

Yes. Frndly tv is not working for me. Cant log in from laptop. Cant get roku tv to open frndly tv. Roku and sling work fine

It’s not a Roku issue because I usually log into my laptop the friendly TV and it won’t work either I need to Chromebook not Roku

0 Kudos