Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Akunkle19
Channel Surfer

Freezing and wireless connection

My Roku lately has been having connectivity issues. There’s been times where it hasn’t been connected to the internet. I try to connect and it says the service next to my internet is excellent. It suggested turning off the Roku. I did that. Nothing. I made sure it was updated nothing. I did it’s other suggestion of restarting my wifi nothing again. For a good hour it had randomly connected. Many of my apps have loading issues. I’ve had 4 apps where it just repeats ads over and over like it’s skipping. Some even get stuck skipping. I’ve had mine a little over a year so I wouldn’t think it would be that bad already. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Freezing and wireless connection

Hi @Akunkle19

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you provide us the model number of your Roku device? It can be found in Settings > System > About. Please also let us know who your internet service provider is. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Akunkle19
Channel Surfer

3930RW Roku express. My internet provider is spectrum.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Akunkle19

Thanks for the reply.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, please be advised that Roku Express 3930 is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Akunkle19
Channel Surfer

None of these work. I’m frequently having this issue and sometimes when I am connected I get freezing and skipping. The Roku will tell me to check the internet connectivity. But when I check it says everything ok. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Akunkle19,

Thanks for following up.

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express 3930RW is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. In addition, I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot just to isolate the issue.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos