Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dduley416
Reel Rookie

Freezing & internet issues after most recent update

After the most recent update I cannot get apps to play back properly without freezing and every time I reset the Roku I have to reconnect the internet. Here is my information:

Model 3941X-roku express 4k+

Serial X01600JSS15U

Software version 11.5.0 build 4225-CR

Can someone help me please as it is a pain to use right now especially using Hulu live tv, it gets stuck on commercials and if you us FW or RW functions it also freezes.

Thanks,

Dustin

5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Freezing & internet issues after most recent update

Hi @Dduley416

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Dduley416
Reel Rookie

I'm powering it with a wall outlet using the cord that I got with my Roku device

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Dduley416

Thanks for the reply.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  2. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  3. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Shrinker57

My Roku just updated this evening and is having the same issue. I am sure as more people reach out they will realize they have a glitch in their update.  Mine is power through a wall outlet as well and all resets do not resolve the issue.  Very disappointing. 
UPDATE: I did multiple reset options this morning ending with having to to a factory reset; that seems to have resolved the issue.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Shrinker57

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos