Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madmike46
Channel Surfer

Fox Business audio problem

Jump to solution

Is anyone else having "no audio" problem on the Fox Business page via the Fox New app? This has happened several times and last for hours. It is out again this morning. The local commercial inserts have audio, just not the main feed!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Fox Business audio problem

Jump to solution

@madmike46

Thanks for the update.

Please be advised that the channel developer themselves maintains channels on Roku. We suggest reaching out to Fox News' customer support team to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can contact them here: Contact Fox News Channel

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @madmike46

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
madmike46
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Removing and reinstalling did not help. I have checked another Roku in the house. Both systems and Fox App are up to date and they both have no audio on the broadcast, only on local targeted commercial inserts.

I'm going to check for the problem on my newest roku.

0 Kudos
madmike46
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
  • i have now checked 3 different model ROKUs. All have the problem. I also put the latest one on a different wireless network to remove any possibility that some of my network protection features were causing the problem.
  • As said, this has happened before but I don't remember it staying in this condition for 6 hours and counting now.
  • The FOX News Channel feed audio works correctly, it is only the FOX Business feed that is affected.
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@madmike46

Thanks for the update.

Please be advised that the channel developer themselves maintains channels on Roku. We suggest reaching out to Fox News' customer support team to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can contact them here: Contact Fox News Channel

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
madmike46
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have contacted FOX News. Thanks for the fast response.

0 Kudos