Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anzalonem
Reel Rookie

Express 4K+ has not worked since day 1 and doesn't get customer support. Where do I go from here?

I bought a Roku Express 4K+ for Christmas and from the moment I hooked it up, there were issues with the picture and sound. Constant static streaks across the screen and frequent audio interruptions. I tried using other HDMI cables and other HDMI inputs on the TV. No matter what I tried the same results. None of my other devices (cable box, gaming systems etc.) have this issue. I checked the community boards like Roku says to and the few posts I found that sounded similar to my issue, still did not resolve any of the problems. Then when trying to contact customer support I find that my device is not even eligible for support, which is a completely insane to me but whatever. 

Does anyone have any idea what my next step should be other than smashing this thing with a hammer and buying a fire stick? 

#RokuExpress4K+

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Express 4K+ has not worked since day 1 and doesn't get customer support. Where do I go from here

@anzalonem 

If you think the device is defective, I'd suggest returning it or exchanging it.

Unsolicited advice: Don't wait two months to reach out here for a resolution. We could have provided the return page link back in December.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Express 4K+ has not worked since day 1 and doesn't get customer support. Where do I go from h...

Hi @anzalonem

Welcome to Roku Community.

Sorry to hear about your experience with your new Roku Express 4K+. Allow us to help you further. For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried to plug the device into another TV and see if there's any difference? Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? 

With more details, we will be able to assist you further. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
anzalonem
Reel Rookie

Re: Express 4K+ has not worked since day 1 and doesn't get customer support. Where do I go from h...

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

The unit is plugged into a surge protector from the wall outlet. The TV doesn't have a USB outlet. The TV is on the older side compared to most but like I said, I have other components that have no problems. 

I tried using the device on another TV and it was better, but not completely perfect. 

When I first set up the device, the static streaks were not constant, but would come across the screen every few minutes, but in the last few days it has gotten way worse, to the point where the picture will freeze or look like there are multiple pictures on top of each other (if that makes sense. I'm not sure how else to describe it).

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@anzalonem 

Thanks for the following up. 

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? We also suggest, checking the status of the network connection by going to Settings > Network > About. If your Roku device is connected, there are two items to check, the Signal strength and Internet download speed. Provide us as well the serial number of your Roku device so we can check it further. To get this go to Settings > System > About.

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
anzalonem
Reel Rookie

Hi,

The problem is on all channels no matter the streaming service and also when I am on the home screen.

I checked the internet connection (connected) and the Signal Strength is excellent and the Download Speed is good (86mbs)

The device serial number is X016001687XV
0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@anzalonem 

Thanks for keeping us posted with the details. 

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos