Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuperSapien64
Streaming Star

Ever since December I've been getting HDCP 2.2 error messages and my download speed fluctuates.

I've been having some issues with my Roku where it randomly gives me a HDCP 2.2 error message and also my network speed between 30ish Mbps and 90ish Mbps. This started with the firmware update I had in December. And the only to fix the HDCP 2.2 errors is to do a soft reboot AKA unplug my Roku for three minutes then plug it back in.

Has anyone else experiencing these issues since December 2022?

2 REPLIES 2
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Ever since December I've been getting HDCP 2.2 error messages and my download speed fluctuates.

Hi @SuperSapien64,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the HDCP error with your Roku device and we will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

Please be advised that HDCP errors happen when there is a problem with the physical connection or communication between your Roku and TV. Often, it's a simple matter of reconnecting the HDMI cable and switching to a different HDMI cable. For Roku Streaming sticks, and connecting to an HDMI extender.

If the error continues, review the suggestions for determining why from our Support page: What to do if you see an “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SuperSapien64
Streaming Star

Re: Ever since December I've been getting HDCP 2.2 error messages and my download speed fluctuates.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have hocked up to a HDMI switcher?

Though if that is the case its strange because I didn't have any issues until December of 2022.

0 Kudos