Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Axe9
Reel Rookie

Episodes not lining.up with seasons on streaming devive

When I navigate season to episodes the wrong episodes show up. For instance if I pick season one episodes it only shows season three and up on my steaming device. Works correctly if I use a browser on my iPad. Not sure if it’s all or just one show.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Episodes not lining.up with seasons on streaming devive

Hi @Axe9,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

To provide you with the best assistance, please give us more information. Can you provide us with the title of the affected TV show/s? Is this issue happening on a particular TV show or on all TV shows on the channel? Also, could you please specify which channel you are streaming the TV show/s from? 

With more details, we will be able to assist you.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Axe9
Reel Rookie

Happens in the Roku channel. The show is hart to hart.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Axe9 

Thanks for the update. 

To confirm, the TV show in question is an adventure series that features Robert Wagner, Stefanie Powers, and Lionel Stander. Is that correct? We noticed that you can also access this show on Tubi - Free Movies & TV for free. Would you be able to try streaming the show on Tubi and let us know if you experience any differences? Additionally, kindly provide us with the details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Keep us posted on what you find out.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Axe9
Reel Rookie

right show.

works correctly in Tubi.

works when accessing the ruko channel from a browser (multiple os’s).

restarting the express box doesn’t change anything.

obviously I did not try all or even some other offerings but the others that I did try all work as expected. The behavior is random and infrequent but consistent.

I have two of these express boxes and both show this same issue for this show

I have seen this behavior randomly on other shows in the ruko channel on the express box. If I remember correctly the problem usually clears up after awhile.

my guess is that you are using a database to retrieve this information, either directly or via a procedure, and that the sql does not have an order by clause. Without this statement the results would be returned in the order the rows were fetched ie the way the rows are insert into the db. For instance if you inserted seasons 3 thru 5 first then seasons 1 and 2 your app (the express box) would get them in that order unless you use the orderby clause which forces a fetch thru an index or preforms a sort on the result set before retuning rows (depends upon the db on how it fetches rows). I also suspect that the code being executed by a browser interface vs your boxes are similar but not the same

models 3930x - Roku express

serial number - x00400aacpls

device ID.      - s008327acpls

software OS/version  - 11.5.0 * build 4312-ae

0 Kudos