Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trunksalan

Element TV Roku; Disney Plus; Redbox app Low Volume Audio

Hi there,

I have an Element 70 inch Roku TV, using the default settings for everything. I have noticed low volume with watching various content (ie Iron Man) on the Disney Plus app. The volume seems to hit some limit even if I turn the volume level up to 100. I have noticed the same behavior with the redbox App watching the movie Intersteller (on demand in HD).

I have tried watching Iron Man on disney plus and Intersteller on redbox using an Apple TV (4th gen, connected through HDMI through the TV), which provides a much better volume even on a low volume setting (5-7 level out of 100). I see others, in the Roku community, have mentioned using a different streaming device connected to their roku TV also provides better audio function. I have also seen a mention that others have had this issue with stand alone roku streaming devices.

Also for reference, watching content on the Roku Netflix app (the HD streaming tier - not 4k streaming tier) and the Roku Amazon prime, has audio levels that are similar to the Apple TV (4th gen) Netflix and Amazon Prime ap

Should I expect there to be a future Roku update to provide better audio for the various apps that provide low volume?

Thanks!

Labels (1)