Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gpweis
Reel Rookie

Dolby Digital Sound Went Away Roku Ultra 4670x

Sometime in the last couple weeks my Dolby Digital sound has disappeared, where now I am only getting a PCM 2.0 signal.  Previously, I was getting Dolby Atoms sound on Disney+ and Apple TV, now it is just PCM 2.0 sound. On YouTube TV I was getting Dolby Digital sound on my local channels, now I am getting PCM 2.0 sound.  I have done nothing to change my setup during this time.  If I disconnect my Roku box and use my LG OLED65b6p smart TV everything works fine. I normally run my Roko box through my Anthem MRX 7200 AV receiver and it tells what type of sound I am getting.  How do I get what I had back with my Roku box?

Model 4670x

Serial Number YJ0015799848 (KW9991799848)

Software 11.5.0 Build 4312-46

Issue ID   48-044-192

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Dolby Digital Sound Went Away Roku Ultra 4670x

@gpweis

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, are you only experiencing this issue when connecting the Roku device through your AVR? If you connect the Roku device to the same TV, but without the AVR, do still experience the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gpweis
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, only when connecting Roku box through AVR, which is what I have always done, and has previously worked fine for me.

I tried streaming just with smart TV, no Roku box, to see if it made a difference, then got Dolby Digital sound.

The issue seems to be with the Roku box.

0 Kudos
gpweis
Reel Rookie

It is vey difficult for me to make changes to the wiring of my system, if I can avoid that it would be great.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@gpweis

Thanks for the follow up.

For further clarification, if you are connecting just the Roku device to your TV are you experiencing the same issue of no Dolby Digital sound when streaming content on your Roku device?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gpweis
Reel Rookie

Because the way my system is wired, with hidden wires, components in cabinets , I can not do what you ask without great difficultly.  Are there other trouble shooting methods I can try?

0 Kudos