Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sfitzger2

Disney plus and peacock not working "protected content license error" what can I do?

I was asked this morning on my roku to do an update. My roku was working fine prior to the update but now my disney plus and peacock both keep getting the protected content error so I can't watch them and I pay for both! What can I do? I've unplugged and restarted and I also removed the channels restarted then added the channels again with the same issue

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney plus and peacock not working "protected content license error" what can I do?

@Sfitzger2 

Try seeing if making some changes to the display rate settings of your Roku devices help.

1. Settings/Display Type/[Manual Settings - select 720p or 1080p]

2. Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Advanced Display Settings/Auto-adjust Display Refresh Rate/[Disabled]

3. You should System Restart the Roku device after making the above changes. Settings/System/System Restart or Settings/System/Power/System Restart

----

Otherwise post back Roku model number and Software build (Settings/System/About) if still having issues.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos