Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdhttr2004
Channel Surfer

Re: Directv Stream App Video Stops After 5 second

Jump to solution

@eTheRuler  It is a hit and miss issue for me now. Today I don't have an issue but last thursday and friday i was having all the original problems.

0 Kudos
eTheRuler
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Kariza - I am kind of now doubting that this an app issue now.  My temp fix for the issue is to unplug the HDMI cable from the Roku device and plug it back in.   This is pretty much a resynchronization of the video signal between the Roku Device and TV.   I'm not sure what the role of the DTV App would be during that process to get it working.   I would think that the App would not even "know" that the video cable was unplugged.   (But the Roku device would)

Thanks,

Elliott

0 Kudos
Doctor_H
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have contacted DIRECTV about this problem and they have done what they could to help resolve the problem. I am convinced that the problem lies with Roku. As someone who owns ten of your devices, I would like to see the problem fixed. Seems to me that your company and DTV need to collaborate on the solution. The fact that DTV does not show up on your Home Page and that I have to access DTV by using the microphone tells me that there is not a working relationship. What’s the underlying problem behind the symptom?

0 Kudos
Cparks

Jump to solution

I too have been having issues with the #DirectTV app. I was on chat and the phone with them for 2 hours yesterday trying to figure it out. Everything on my end is just fine. I did all the things they suggested, several times. I have 3 Roku players and it's the same thing on each TV. I go to #DirectTV, and it will come up on the last channel but won't completely load and play. If I go to the guide, it will divert back to the homepage. They said it was nothing on their end. Could it be because my Roku devices are all about 7 years old and perhaps not compatible with 5G?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Doctor_H
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did that and they claim no culpability. Seems to me the two of you should get together and work things out.

0 Kudos
cprice12

Jump to solution

I'm having the EXACT same issue with 2 of my Rokus. Both happen to be the Streaming Stick 4K. The other Rokus that I have (one Ultra, one Streambar, and a few different Express Rokus) all work just fine with the DirecTV Stream app.

This tells me there is an issue with the Streaming Stick 4K and how it interacts with the DirecTV Stream app. When the video freezes, I can try to navigate to a different channel, and it works, but only for like 10 seconds before the video freezes again. I am however, able to leave the DirecTV Stream app and use other apps (Netflix, ESPN+, YouTube, etc) and they all work fine.

Like everyone else, I have to restart the Roku to get the DirecTV Stream app to work again. But it's only temporary as the issue will pop up again in the next day or two or so. It's been this way for weeks now... and I've had the Streaming Stick 4K for months. It was fine for a couple months.

I've tried uninstalling the app and re-installing, unplugging the Roku for a minute and plugging it back in, factory resetting the Roku, etc. Every time it only temporarily fixes the issue... and again, it's ONLY on the two Streaming Stick 4K Rokus that I have... the other models work just fine with the DirecTV Stream app.

0 Kudos