Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdhttr2004
Channel Surfer

Directv Stream App Video Stops After 5 second

Jump to solution

A week ago the Directv Stream app stops video after 5 seconds but audio continues. All other apps continue to work without issue. I called DTV and they did all the resets that they could to help but it does not seem to be their issue.

What I have done and continue to do if I want to watch DTV is:

- Delete the Channel

- Disconnect from Wifi

- Restart the system

- Turn off wifi router

- Factory Reset (last step I take bc then I have to sign in to all my accounts again)

After each of these steps I try the app and after multiple tries of each step it will start streaming properly again. Is there a way to fix this issue without having to do each of these steps multiple times just to get video to work properly?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Directv Stream App Video Stops After 5 second

Jump to solution

Hello @mdhttr2004

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

The channel developer themselves maintains channels on Roku. We recommend continuing to work with DIRECTV Stream's customer support team to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can contact them here: DIRECTV Customer Service & Support

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @mdhttr2004

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

The channel developer themselves maintains channels on Roku. We recommend continuing to work with DIRECTV Stream's customer support team to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can contact them here: DIRECTV Customer Service & Support

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
eTheRuler
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue @mdhttr2004.   Please post on this thread if you find anything out.  I will do the same. 

0 Kudos
mdhttr2004
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@eTheRulerGlad you found this post. Earlier today it took me 15min to get it working doing the various restarts and reset wifi connection. Each time I have an issue with the app I select the "provide feedback" on the channel app and select the option about video playback.

After my factory reset last week each time the Roku is turned on I have to reconnect to my wifi (very annoying). I have been trying to figure out how to fix that and possibly my issue will be fixed? I'm not sure because prior to the factory reset it automatically connected to my wifi when I started it.

0 Kudos
mdhttr2004
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D In another post I mentioned that now my Roku will not connect to Wifi on startup, I have to connect it each time it is turned on. How do I fix this issue? It was not an issue until I did a factory reset last week.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mdhttr2004

Thanks for the update.

Since this thread is regarding the playback issue you're experiencing in DIRECTV, we would recommend creating a new thread for your Wi-Fi connection issue. We'll continue to assist you from there.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mdhttr2004
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@eTheRulerThese last 2 days I have not had an issue with DTV Stream video freezing. The issue with my roku staying connected to my wifi has resolved as well. Has your issue resolved?

0 Kudos
StreamBean

Jump to solution

Having the same problem daily with new Streaming Stick 4K that never occurred with previous Roku Express. Have been recovering by momentarily disconnecting USB power connection. This clears the problem for an evening of viewing only to return next day. Watching this thread for a one-and-done solution. 

0 Kudos
JohnSacc

Jump to solution

I have the same reconnect issue and directv stream issue.

0 Kudos
mdhttr2004
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@StreamBeanI have not found a one and done solution. My issues resolves for a few days and then starts back up. I have consistently been reporting the problem on the dtv stream app each time.

0 Kudos