Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darthgare

Device booting back to home screen

Even when I update all the channels and the system I can still barely watch 5 min before I'm booted back to the home screen. This isn't the first rokus devise to do this!! Wtf!?! 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Device booting back to home screen

Hi @Darthgare

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us which Roku device you are using? In addition, how are you powering this Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos