Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CindyLeigh
Streaming Star

Daily Wire app not playing after pausing

Jump to solution

As of May 13, 2023 the Daily Wire app will not play after I pause it.  It just freezes up and I have to hit the home button to get out.  I have uninstalled, restarted, and reinstalled everyday for the last two weeks, I have contacted Daily Wire, but the problem seems to be on Roku's end.  This is beyond annoying and please don't tell me to uninstall, restart and reinstall again, I'll go insane.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Daily Wire app not playing after pausing

Jump to solution

@CindyLeigh 

Looks like the Daily Wire may just be a little buggy.  I played a few titles and ran into the non-resuming after pause issue as well. 

When I ran into the issue, I pressed the OK button on the Roku remote.  This reloaded the content from the beginning.  However, was able to pause and unpause successfully after that for that episode and others as well.  (Basically works for entire session after pressing OK once).

This worked until the next time I launched Daily Wire.  As soon as I launched the episode, I had to press the OK button immediately so that the episode could reload and basically "unstick" the pause/unpause issue/bug.

You may just have to get in the habit of pressing the OK button immediately after you start your initial episode so that you can use the pause feature during your viewing session.  You should contact Daily Wire and alert them of this issue and the workaround so they can address it.  The channel/app developers are responsible for the development, maintenance, and fixes to make sure it works with the Roku platform.

https://support.dailywire.com/hc/en-us  (Look for the Contact Us button on lower right).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CindyLeigh,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku device when playing content on The Daily Wire channel and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues. Can you please verify where are you currently located? Was there a software update?

One additional suggestion we would like for you can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now and see if you notice any difference.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CindyLeigh
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It says All Software is up to date.  It's clear by the date that I started having the issue and the last update, that the last update has caused the problem.  And I know from reading the Roku forum from 2021, that an update caused issues with Daily Wire.  Please fix this.  

CindyLeigh

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CindyLeigh,

Thanks for following up.

We appreciate your feedback and we’re sorry you're having trouble with Daily Wire on Roku.

We would be happy to look further into this issue but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue arise, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CindyLeigh
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Roku Model 4230X Roku 3
Serial number 632612028077
Software Version 12.0.0 Build 4184-04
GC version 9.2.113
Timestamp 2023-05-26T22:54:207
Issue ID 77-210-174

Daily Wire App
Version 2.2 Build 2

This issue started right after the last update on 5/12/2023 and it's also happening on the Roku 4 that I have connected to another TV.  No other channels are having any issues and I have Deleted, restarted and reinstalled the app about million times and I'm not happy camper.  I actually purchased the Roku streaming device years ago and have never had any issues.  There should be a way to roll back updates that mess things up, there should an option NOT TO UPDATE if just messes things up.  

0 Kudos
CindyLeigh
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Are you going to fix this anytime soon, or just ignore it?  I actually purchased the Roku ever made in 2008, and now there are different streaming devices and I see no reason to stay loyal to a brand that isn't loyal to me. 

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@CindyLeigh 

Looks like the Daily Wire may just be a little buggy.  I played a few titles and ran into the non-resuming after pause issue as well. 

When I ran into the issue, I pressed the OK button on the Roku remote.  This reloaded the content from the beginning.  However, was able to pause and unpause successfully after that for that episode and others as well.  (Basically works for entire session after pressing OK once).

This worked until the next time I launched Daily Wire.  As soon as I launched the episode, I had to press the OK button immediately so that the episode could reload and basically "unstick" the pause/unpause issue/bug.

You may just have to get in the habit of pressing the OK button immediately after you start your initial episode so that you can use the pause feature during your viewing session.  You should contact Daily Wire and alert them of this issue and the workaround so they can address it.  The channel/app developers are responsible for the development, maintenance, and fixes to make sure it works with the Roku platform.

https://support.dailywire.com/hc/en-us  (Look for the Contact Us button on lower right).

0 Kudos
CindyLeigh
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Well, it took me a few tries before I was able to get it to unstick, but it did work for me as well.  I have contacted Daily Wire ever since the problem began (which it began the day the after the update from Roku) and have uninstalled DW app, restarted my Roku, and reinstalled Daily Wire at least a dozen times, however I will contact them again.  Thank you for this go around!  

CindyLeigh!

ledunn11
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is also happening to us and the OK button solves the issue but I still am not clear on who is responsible for fixing this problem long term.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@ledunn11 

The channel/app developers are responsible for maintaining and providing fixes for their channel/apps that they develop for the Roku platform.  In this case, the Daily Wire needs to fix this bug.

0 Kudos