Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rowestu
Channel Surfer

Content shrinks to small window

Occasionally while playing a show, the picture will shrink down to a small window in the lower left quadrant of the screen. Looks like PIP sized window, with black screen behind. Happens (so far) with SYFY and Fox News and USA apps. Exiting and restarting app regains full-screen picture. I use a 3600 series streaming stick.

Tags (1)
20 REPLIES 20
wwWinter

Re: Content shrinks to small window

this is happening to different devices same issue 
picture content shrinks to teeny tiny window in upper left 
I have had issues on syfy app, and netflix and on different devices using same acct
youtubetv does not seem affected 
using roku box and  roku tv same issue occurs
usually starts after ads are played or during ads and I can exit app and restart to get pic again or sometimes rewind a bit and pic shows up on entire screen again 

this has only started occurring after the last update , no issues at all before

floridabeach33
Reel Rookie

Any updates on a fix for this?

Rohan
Reel Rookie

I’m experiencing the exact same thing with my Roku TV. The picture shrinks to a tiny window in the upper left corner when a commercial starts. Not sure if anyone is actually looking into this, but it’s really frustrating...

rowestu
Channel Surfer

Yes REALLY frustrating, and has been happening randomly literally for years, so I just deal with it and don't hold out much hope.

GaleE

I am experiencing the same problem so I tried restarting the channel I was watching and that would take care of the problem for a while.  Then I decided to disconnect the entire Roku and discovered it was very hot to the touch.  I have had this Roku for several years so I think it is just ready to die.

Bcarreras

My Roku us brand new and doing same thing.  Annoying 

Stylinlp
Reel Rookie

O just bought this TCL R625 model tv and have the same problem on all these channels. Hope this gets fixed soon. It's very inconvenient for my handicapped son.

Imipter

Same issue, any updates? Irritating 

rowestu
Channel Surfer

No official update, but it has not happened to me in several months. Baffling.