Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moviebuff3
Channel Surfer

Commercial hang prevents watching movie

On the Plex channel, I started watching "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," found after search. But toward the end of the movie, there is about 2 min. of commercials, where the 2nd to the last (4/5 or 6/7) hangs at 16 sec left. It hangs forever, nothing gets resolved. And if I back out and restart, I have to fast fwd to the place where it left off, and the same set of commercials play, where that same commercial hangs at the same place. I can't finish watching the movie, and this is very annoying. The commercial is Nature's Bounty Hair, Skin, & Nails Gummies. I hope someone is able to resolve this problem so I can finish watching the movie. Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Commercial hang prevents watching movie

Hi @Moviebuff3,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Does this happen on all movies/shows in the Plex channel or just specific titles?
  2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  3. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Moviebuff3
Channel Surfer

I was able to finish watching the movie after backing completely out of Plex and restarting, and in that case it did not play the commercials. But if that one commercial still has a hang issue, then other people will see it.

0 Kudos
Moviebuff3
Channel Surfer

Only that one commercial that I know of. Other movies and commercials had a hang issue, but when the movie is restarted, it usually resumes where it left off. Hangs have happened about a dozen times that I know of, but I haven't done a database on which movies, which channels. I've only taken notice on this item because I couldn't get it resolved until I restarted the channel. That particular commercial might still have the hang issue.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Moviebuff3

Thanks for your response.

As @ RokuMary-F mentioned, we would recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Plex directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Plex channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach them here: Plex support

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos