Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Icemachine

Cant load History Cannel for 3 days

The history Channel starts loading gets the up to showing History Channel programs for about 3 seconds then it goes back to the Roku Menu of Channels, my other Channel are working. 

What should I do?

David in Columbus

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cant load History Cannel for 3 days

Try removing the channel by highlighting it on the Home Screen and pressing * on your remote (choose "Remove channel"), restart your Roku from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (as appropriate), and then add the channel again from Streaming Channels.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
jakassets

Have already tried this...still won't load.  Any other ideas?  How do we complain to ROKU?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Icemachine @jakassets,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team in further investigating this problem.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RichardC1
Reel Rookie

I'm also having this same problem. So, I deleted the History Channel, then, I added it back in. It did exactly the same thing, again... the channel appears to be letting you back in for 2-3 seconds, then your back to Roku's home page. 

I've been having this problem for 4-5 days.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@RichardC1 wrote:

So, I deleted the History Channel, then, I added it back in.

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart your Roku to clear its memory cache before reinstalling the channel. Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
RichardC1
Reel Rookie

I thought I did all this yesterday, but, I did it again today... it WORKED!! Maybe, I didn't restart the computer after I deleted the History Channel, yesterday.

Thank You MUCH!

makaiguy

@RichardC1-

You are very welcome.  Glad I could be of service. 

And thank YOU for reporting back -- I wish more people would do this.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

@RichardC1  Restart the computer? Don't you mean Roku

RichardC1
Reel Rookie

Yes... my mistake, sorry... "I restarted Roku".

0 Kudos