Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drjackmac
Reel Rookie

Brightness White Oversaturated

When I stream thru Roku the Brightness is oversaturated and the white is way TOO BRIGHT. It does not happen with my other devices like PS5 and Xbox.

Please advise.

TY

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Brightness White Oversaturated

It might be a defective HDMI cable or a defective port where the Roku device is connected to.  Try different cables and ports and see if that will solve the issue.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
drjackmac
Reel Rookie

I will ty for the suggestion.

drjackmac
Reel Rookie

Thanks Michelle,

I tried different HDMI, another roku device, a different port, but no luck.

Thank you anyways.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Many (most?) TVs have separate picture controls for each input, so one input could be set to “natural”, another to “vivid” and/or brightness, contrast etc. controls may be different for different inputs on the TV.

Michelle3
Roku Guru

Some LG TV sets have the Expert and Picture Wizard II settings for the picture quality in addition to the aforementioned picture controls.  The expert settings add separate vertical and horizontal sharpness controls.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
drjackmac
Reel Rookie

Thanks Jordan.

However, I have a brand new Sony Bravia 8K. I spoke to Sony and by trial of elimination we narrowed 

down to the Roku device. The PS5 and Xbox color saturation is good. Just watched the Home Run Derby 

thru the Roku and all the Uniforms look like the white is glowing "white" super bright.

I tried playing with the display settings in the Roku from 4k, 1080, 4k HDR, but to no avail. I even tried my other Roku device and it still does the same thing.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Probably defective Roku units then.

~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos