Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsor
Reel Rookie

Brand new Roku Streaming Stick 4k+: Loss of signal upon waking from sleep

I just purchased a Roku Streaming Stick 4k+ and am having intermittent issues with the video not providing a signal.  I'm using it connected to my LG 4K TV and after going to sleep for awhile the roku will not wake to show video.  I'm forced to unplug the Roku from my tv and power source and replug it in.  The Roku is connected to the official USB to power adapter and is not powered from TV.    In this state the ROKU responds to my remote presses with a white light flashing when a button is pressed.  Clearly there is something wrong with the output of the Roku to the TV.  I'm incredibly frustrated and would like to know what my options are.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Brand new Roku Streaming Stick 4k+: Loss of signal upon waking from sleep

See if "power saving" is enable (or available) under Settings->System->Power and if so disable it.  Pressing a (non-TV control) button on the remote should wake the stick, but the power saving feature seems to be incompatible with some TVs.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jsor
Reel Rookie

Re: Brand new Roku Streaming Stick 4k+: Loss of signal upon waking from sleep

I disabled power saving and will try again to reproduce 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.