Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cclegg50

Bottom of tv screen black and purple

My parents 50inch onn tv is not showing the full display. It’s mounted and downstairs and the picture only shows 3/4 of what it’s supposed to. The bottom half of the screen is black with oriole lines like it’s trying to display the screen but can’t. And there is three white blocks in the screen where the menus should be. Need help and I already replaced the HDMI Cord. It’s been storming a lot lately be it’s been on the wall so no one has touched it. Thinking maybe it got hit by lightening. Please help. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Bottom of tv screen black and purple

Hi @Cclegg50

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bottom of tv screen black and purple

Since you mention replacing the HDMI cord is this a Roku streaming device connected by HDMI to an onn non-Roku TV (i.e. one that does not have Roku capability built in)?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos