Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pita13777

Blacked out screen

When powered on, my roku tv has a blacked out screen. I have done a factory reset by paper clip in the power board and nothing has fixed it. Customer service is closed on the wknds... anyone help?

7 REPLIES 7
Srgarcia6

Re: Blacked out screen

Did you get this resolved I’m having same problem do I take it back bought it 2 months ago? 

Antmou
Channel Surfer

Re: Blacked out screen

Same sonce today o have a black screen. The factory reset fixes it but i have to do it each time i want ot watch it.....

please fix your s...t

0 Kudos

Blackout screen with sound

Please help just bought the TV and it went black screen on me but I have sound can I have a technician come and look at it or can I take it back to the store I only have Manufacturing warranty

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Blackout screen with sound

@90901, Roku doesn't make the TVs.  For a problem like you're describing you have to contact the manufacturer (e.g., TCL, Sharp, onn, etc.).

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
BBear

My TV works without Roku. I get picture when I enter an app, but when I go to play a show I either get black scree with sound or I get playback unavailable try again later.

Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
KSron

I’m having same issues on both my Rokus

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@BBear @KSron

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What devices are connected to your TV and what are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos