Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TTigersTri
Reel Rookie

Black screen during streaming, audio and visual ok otherwise

I can see all menus and even the captions during the shows, audio is perfect.  But there's no image at all during streaming on any channel suddenly times 3 days.  I really want to see the shows not have to read all the captions.  I've restarted the device, unplugged the device, changed hdmi ports and nothing is fixing this.  Help please!  My daughter is sick today and she wants to watch tv.  I upgraded to this device and it did work for a couple months and I've used older roku devices for years without issue so I'm in the dark on why this one isn't working suddenly and I really want to call or email for help and I'm very shocked to see that's not an option.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Black screen during streaming, audio and visual ok otherwise

@TTigersTri

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Is this happening on a specific channel or does it happen across all channels? Have you already tried removing the channel, restarting the device, then adding the channels back again to see if that resolves the issue? In addition, have you tried switching out the HDMI cable or using another HDMI port on your TV?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having the exact same issues with my Daughter's Roku.

Here are the details:

-ONLY happens with Disney+ (We still have audio and closed caption, just a black screen)

-Just started happening.

-Verified that this device is on the latest software version.

-This occurs nightly, the only resolution is to unplug the device and plug it back in. This will resolve the issue for 1 day, then the next night I have to do the same tasks

-This is an Express 4K Roku device.

-Model : 3940X

-I doubt it is an HDMI cable, or an HDMI port, as it is only happening with the Disney+ app (Netflix, Hulu, Youtube) all work.

Please let me know what other information might be helpful to get this resolved. I have looked through all the forums and they all say "Make sure you are on the right input, make sure the power is connected, etc.". I cannot find anything (aside from this post) that says anything about just missing video.

0 Kudos
hoppt
Reel Rookie

So this just happened to me on three channels and I found something that fixed mine on you tube.

To reset do this combinations of buttons. the screen is supposedly resetting itself and it will freeze for a bit after and then will restart. Then mine started working. Hope this helps

"Home" 5 times

"Up arrow" 1 time

"Rewind" 2 times

"Fast Forward" 2 times

Debralj
Reel Rookie

Did this and it did not work at all.

0 Kudos