Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jr30028
Reel Rookie

Black lines on the top right of my element roku tv

Just recently a black line appeared on the top right of my tv. It appears on all the apps. I tried unplugging it and doing a factory reset and it’s still there. I’m not sure what to do. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Black lines on the top right of my element roku tv

Hello @Jr30028

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:
1. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?
2. What kind of cables/cords are you using to connect to your TV?
3. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a photo of the issue you are experiencing?
4. How long has the issue been occurring?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Jr30028
Reel Rookie

I’m using a roku tv. The only cord currently plugged into the tv is the provided power cord. I’m seeing a black line on the top right corner of my screen. It won’t let me insert a photo. It’s been there about a week. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Jr30028

Thanks for the information.

We recommend restarting your Roku TV, Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart and unplug your TV for 10-15 minutes then plug it back in to resolve the issue. If the issue still persists, we would recommend you contact the TV manufacturer for the issue. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV 

All the best,
Karla

0 Kudos