Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukcats
Reel Rookie

Re: Audio stops working after long pause

Jump to solution

-Roku device model 4800x - Roku ultra
-serial number X01000MHTPJR (502A221HTPJR)
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) 11.0.0 BUILD 4193-C2
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button) YouTube TC
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times) JR-285-213
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing - Pausing the channel then the screen saver kicking in

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@SaraAD   It's VERY obvious this is an Ultra-specific issue caused by 11.0 firmware. No one has reported it on anything but an Ultra.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ukcats,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We'll share these details with the appropriate Support team for further review. We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and we appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The Roku models released after the fall of 2020 have bizarre features.  One of them is the Power Saving feature on the Power sub-setting — that one is strangely enabled by the manufacturer defaults. 
~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Doesn’t matter.

0 Kudos
Rexx

Jump to solution

I read every post (8 pages). My problem is identical. My remotes are 4802X. One month old. 

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Have no news for you. Last I heard this was still being looked at for a root cause.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra on one Tv and a Roku stick on the bedroom tv. Been having the audio mute problem on the ultra tv for weeks.
Here is another confusing audio problem. I set my YouTube app to record a movie the other evening. Next day, while the Ultra TV audio was working, I tried to watch the movie. There was no audio on that movie. All other programs and movies had audio but I could never get audio for that movie on the Ultra TV. I went to the Roku stick TV in the bedroom and the audio was good on that same movie. Tried to watch that movie on the Ultra tv again and still no audio on that movie only. 
Maybe this will help isolate the Roku Ultra/YouTube audio mute problem. 

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

That’s certainly interesting. By “YouTube” I’m assuming you’re referring to YouTube TV?

0 Kudos
broncobob
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes. YouTube TV

0 Kudos