Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Re: Audio stops working after long pause

Jump to solution

Replacing your Ultra was ridiculous as it is not a hardware issue. It’s also not a YouTube TV issue. It only happens on Ultras. If it was an app issue it would happen on other devices. It started with the 11.0 update in early May. Roku is aware of it but my sense is because there’s far less Ultras and it’s a very specific event, a very long pause, it likely isn’t being reported anywhere near as often as the HDCP issue.

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Good point @renojim that I didn’t think about, that hitting play with the screensaver up is actually activating a link in the screensaver. I hate that. It’s terrible. (Another first world guffaw.)

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

When this issue occurs follow this procedure to report it:

Hit home 5 times, then back 5 times. You should see a message like below to use when you are reporting the issue. Include a screenshot of this info with your report.AAB63071-5CB4-4944-B6D2-B80822C7FCF8.jpeg

jaybfl
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Replying to @JohnCap523. Apps can behave differently on different devices from the same manufacturer. For me it only seems to happen after pausing YouTube TV. I can watch Netflix or Prime Video and pause them with everything working fine later. Same with Pandora. Every time it happens to me, it is after watching and pausing YouTube TV and then coming back later to use any app. I do agree that replacing the box was a long shot. But, I have been having this problem for a while now and couldn't find many others that were having a similar problem. Roku support is useless. 

JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You've been having this problem for about a month, just like the rest of us with 2020 Ultras who get distracted while watching TV and pause for an extended period. Trust me, it's the 11.0 firmware. The best workaround is to either be conscious of being distracted and hit the remote occasionally to keep the show live or hit back until you finish going to the bathroom.

Next time it happens, hit home 5 times, then back 5 times, take a screenshot of the box that pops up and post that photo with your report.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Faithy @JohnCap523

Thanks for the posts and providing us with the information we have requested.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

D38EB54D-ADC3-4181-BB64-8E7658E15E19.jpeg

Again, paused for 5-6 minutes, screensaver was up, went back to program, no audio. Roku bings and bongs are there but nothing in app. Went home, went into another app, Netflix, no audio. Also of note is twice I got home and it took a very long time to respond, 15-20 seconds. Also response to the remote becomes very laggy.

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

DA7607ED-CCC4-4675-B12F-99F06AA077D6.jpeg

And again…

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Jump to solution